Vassalboro FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Town Office Hours?

The Town Office is open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Thursday the office is open 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday the office is open from 8:00 a.m. until noon. The office is closed on all legal holidays.

return to top

What are the Transfer Station Hours?

The Transfer Station is open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Transfer Station is located on the Lombard Dam Road.

return to top

What is the number for the Animal Control Officer?

The Animal Control Officer name is Peter A. Nerber. He can be contacted at 207-242-6251.

return to top

When do the Selectmen meet?

The Selectmen meet every other Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Office. During the summer months of July and August, the Board generally only meets once per month.

return to top

What are the hours for the Library?

The library hours are:

Monday and Friday 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Wednesday and Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm

The libary will be closed for the following remaining holidays:

9/2 - Labor Day
9/7 - VPL Book and Bake Sale & Silent Auction 9am - 3PM at the Vassalboro Grange
11/11 -Veteran's Day
12/25 -Christmas Day.

return to top

How do I get a burn permit?

Burn permits are available at no charge at the Town Office during regular business hours. Burn permits written at the Town Office are valid only from 5:00 p.m. into the evening hours on the day the permit is written, unless special permission is granted by the Fire Chief. Other Fire Department Members authorized to write permits are: Eric Rowe at 622-7811; Maurice Pare at 923-3790; Donald Breton at 873-7399 or Chief Walker Thompson at 649-1236.

Residents in the Town of Vassalboro can now obtain a burning permit for free online at Wardens Report follows all the state laws, for example if the fire danger is high, it will not allow you to obtain a permit. It also only allows residents to get a permit after 5pm on weekdays and after 9 am on weekends once the “class day” is determined through Maine Forest Service.

return to top

Is there a food pantry in Town?

Yes, it is located in the building next to the North Fire Station, across the street from the Town Office. The Food Pantry hours are every Thursday from 11:00 to noon. If there is an urgent need, contact Cindy Ferland at 873-7375.

return to top

When are property taxes due?

Property taxes in Vassalboro are due in quarterly payments. Please click here to see the current due dates on the assessor’s page.

return to top

Does the Town accept credit/debit cards as a payment option?

The town has added this new service of accepting credit/debit cards effective 10/1/09. Please ask the office staff for details and fee schedule.

return to top

Where can I get a concealed weapons permit application?

To obtain a concealed weapons permit, contact the Maine State Police, Licensing Division, State House Station #164, Augusta, ME 04333-0164. Telephone them at (207)624-7210.

return to top

How do I contact the Police Chief?

The Police Chief’s name is Mark Brown and he can be reached at 557-4601.

return to top

What is the number for the Vassalboro Elementary School?

The number for the Elementary School is 923-3100.

return to top